Frequently Asked Questions
This statement has three important meanings for any potential buyer. First, when you buy in The Meadows you are purchasing both the house and the land it sits on. Each resident “owns” his lot, therefore there’s no lot rental fee to pay.
However, lot ownership binds you to abide by covenants of The Meadows of Astatula Homeowner’s Association (MOA-HOA), which owns, maintains and operates the roads, the sewer system, the water system, the pool & clubhouse within the community. It is advised you read these covenants and understand them before you buy. Please note this last sentence is BOLD and UNDERLINED for a reason. Also, you will be assessed your share of the association’s annual costs which are assessed annually and billed monthly.
And last, it is important to understand that covenant forbids lot-owners from renting their units. All units must be occupied by owners. This way, owners are fully invested in the quality of the community. And thereby forms the full meaning of the term: “Resident Owned Community”.
The HOA assessment for each lot in The Meadows of Astatula includes your water and sewer utility costs.
In 2016 the annual assessment was $1,740 per lot, or $145 per month.
In 2017, out of a total monthly assessment of $150 per lot, $95 covers HOA costs and $55 covers utility costs.
We expect the trend for our assessment to drop in the future as more and more units are built, sharing the association costs over a larger quantity.
- Electric Service is provided by SECO.
- Telephone service is provided by CenturyLink.
- Satellite is provided by Dish or Direct TV.
- Cable is provided by Florida Cable Systems Inc.
- Trash collection is provided by WMA.
- Astatula Elementary
- Tavares Middle School
- Tavares High School
- Warner Christian Academy
- Montverde Academy
- New Hope Christian Academy
- Astatula is a town in Lake County, Florida. It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Area: 2.2 sq miles (5.698 km²)
- Weather: 55°F (13°C), Wind NW at 4 mph (6 km/h), 74% Humidity
- Population: 1,837 (2013) – The population was 1,298 at the 2000 census. The Census Bureau had estimated the population in 2008 to be 1,831.